Guests coming over for tea? These cheese sticks are a wonderful accompaniment to tea or coffee, and they’re a breeze to make! Each bite delivers the yummy goodness of cheese with a hint of cumin and sesame seeds. Your guests will be amazed to discover that you baked these yourself.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 110 gm of cream cheese (room temperature)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- sesame and cumin seeds
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C (350°F)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil
- Grab a bowl and add: flour, butter, cream cheese, and salt. Combine these ingredients together by hand until you form a nice dough.
- On a well-floured surface, roll the dough into about ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into even strips (I used a regular knife to do this).
- Gently lay the strips on the baking tray, and brush them lightly with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle sesame and cumin seeds on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Did I mention that your home will smell heavenly while these sticks are baking in the oven? And if you store these in an air-tight container, the sticks will taste just as delicious the next day too!
The cream cheese sticks are inspired from this original recipe by Petra.