Jelly Custard Dessert
A can of fruit salad, drained (you can add fresh fruits too, but you need time and effort to chop them)
A packet of strawberry jelly crystals
Some sponge finger biscuits, crushed
A packet of plain custard
Strawberries for garnishing
- Divide fruits in separate glasses. I managed to convince Masood to buy me a set of new glasses just for this dessert because the ones we had are all tall.
- Prepare the jelly according to packet instructions.
- Pour the jelly evenly over the fruits, and refrigerate until set (takes about 2-3 hours). I had left over fruits and jelly, so I poured them in a mould, and once set, I gave them to the neighbor’s 5-year-old son. The gleam in his eyes was precious.
- Sprinkle crushed biscuits over the jelly.
- Prepare custard according to packet instructions. Pour them over the biscuits, and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Top with strawberries and serve.
Masood loved it!
I personally give it 4 out of 5 stars. I like it because it isn’t too sweet, and loved the taste of biscuits sandwiched between the jelly and custard.
My brother-in-law ate about a quarter from his glass, and returned the dessert in the fridge. The next day however, when he came home from work and didn’t find anything to eat in the house, he ate this dessert – and finished it!
I’m sure this dessert will be an instant hit in children parties.I found this recipe here.